|Direction of magnetisation:|
|Type of coating:|
|Tolerance in size:|
• Neodymium magnets are hard and brittle and may chip or break if dropped.
• disc Neodymium magnets are magnetized through the thickness.
• Uncoated neodymium magnets may corrode in humid conditions
• Operating temperatures vary among material grades. For a comparison of neodymium material grades.
• Neodymium magnets are often assembled into products using strong adhesives, Make sure that all contact surfaces are clean and dry prior to bonding.
• Please use caution when handling magnetized neodymium magnets, their exceptional magnetic force may cause them to attract to metal (or to each other) so strongly that fingers in their path could prove painful.
Common uses in different fields:
Magnetic resonance imaging
Health bandages and plasters
Specialty door catches
Filters & strainers
High performance motors
Micromotor / servo motor
Available Grades of Neo
Many grades of Neodymium exist to support a variety of industrial and commercial applications. The range of Neo grades is typically 33 to 52 MGOe. These ranges allow for balancing cost, magnetic performance, and operational temperature resistance.
Neodymium magnets have poor resistance to corrosion and they can also corrode from the inside out if proper pre-treatment processes are not followed. Oftentimes a multi-layer Nickel-Copper-Nickel plating is applied, but this may not be sufficient for all applications.